Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary
- One of the prominent bird sanctuaries in India.
- Complemented by beautiful Vembanad Lake, It is the finest habitation for migratory birds attracting ornithologists.
- Well equipped with modern infrastructures making your trip a memorable one.
- Apart from bird watching you may enjoy boating in the Vembanad Lake.
Birds FoundLocal birds: Owl, Egrets, Brahminy kite, Heron, Duck, Darter, Cuckoo, Moorhen, etc.
Migratory birds: Siberian Crane, Lark, Teal, Parrot, Flycatcher and the list continues….
Best Time to VisitGenerally June to August is the best time to visit but if you are keen to have a glance of migratory birds then you must visit within November to February.
- Submitted On : 16 Dec 2014